The Department of Environmental Economics and Management is the only academic department in Israel, which focuses on the research of agricultural and environmental economics and the management of natural resources.
The Department's research topics includes:
- Agricultural policy.
- Risk management and agricultural insurance.
- Water economics, global warming.
- Economy and agriculture in developing countries.
- Agricultural productivity in developed countries.
- Agricultural and food marketing.
- Organization of food markets.
- Economics of natural resources and the environment.
- Economics of cooperatives.
- Agricultural reforms in former socialist countries in transition.
- Political economy of environmental regulations.
- Rural economics, including agro-tourism.
All research activities of the Department are organized within the Center for Agricultural Economic Research. Our program graduates hold key positions in agriculture, industrial and commercial corporations, banks and investment companies, private consulting firms and in public service.
The Department of Environmental Economics and Management
Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment,
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem,
PO Box 12, Rehovot 76100